Ending on a sour note

Saturday, 12 January, 2013

2013.1.5

History buff – Saturday, January 5, 2013

My favorite movie of the year. Maybe one of the best I’ve ever seen.

2013.1.6
Pop quiz – Sunday, January 6, 2013

We are fortunate enough to live just a few blocks from a really great used bookstore, and we walked down there today. Who wants to guess which books are for me and which ones are for The Scientist?

2013.1.7
Mini me – Monday, January 7, 2013

When Charlie and I play Mario Kart I always chose to be Princess Peach. He got me this for Christmas. The other day he asked me if I had played with it yet, and when I showed him that I had taken a picture of it he was thrilled.

2013.1.8
Goal – Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Less than two weeks into 2013 and I’ve already finished two books. I would say my goal to read more this year is going well!

2013.1.9
Well-loved – Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Spock doll from when I was a little girl. He was my first crush. It’s no wonder I grew up and married a scientist, is it?

2013.1.10
To be – Thursday, January 10, 2013

Color Affection, try two.

2013.1.11
Borked – Friday, January 11, 2013

Blood draw in preparation for surgery. Lady parts are broken. Will find out when the big day is next week. Since I know some of you will ask: 1. No, it’s not serious. 2. My left ovary. YOU WERE ALWAYS MY LEAST FAVORITE, LEFTY, I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT.

1. RatiganKnits permalink
    Saturday, 12 January, 2013 8:10 am

Fun post-love Princess Peach.Your next Color Affection is going to be beautiful! Good luck with surgery. I haven’t had a left ovary since I was 18—it hasn’t bothered me.

2. Saturday, 12 January, 2013 11:06 am

Hoping all goes well with the surgery. Know that Charlie (and scientist) will take good care of you while recovering.

3. Saturday, 12 January, 2013 12:41 pm

I love those colors for your next Color Affection! I think I bought the same yellow skein when I was in Portland in November. Also that Spock doll is just too much – so cute that you loved him so hard! I’ve been working my way through the original series, just started the second season, and I agree – Spock is a charmer.

Good luck with your surgery! I’ll keep you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.

4. Saturday, 12 January, 2013 3:01 pm

Wishing you all the best for the surgery!

Saturday, 12 January, 2013 5:06 pm

I thought Mr. Spock was still in the attic…silly me i should have known you would rescue him. I hate that you are so far away but when there are problems the distance is twice as far. Love you!

6. Monday, 14 January, 2013 7:34 am

be sure to put Gore Vidal’s book about Lincoln on your list of books to read

7. Monday, 14 January, 2013 5:40 pm

First of all, you had a Spock doll?! I am completely jealous.

Second, my right ovary is broken, so I sympathize. I hope that you have a quick, uncomplicated surgery and as pain-free a recovery as possible!