Tres, Trois, Tre

Thursday, 13 December, 2012

funny face

One of the many, many good things about being a knitter is that when you come to the sudden realization that your life will not be complete until you have a green hat, you can pull some yarn out of your stash and get to work on fixing the hole in your wardrobe in minutes.

side
The pattern, Porom, is easy to memorize and very well-written (of course it is, it’s by Jared Flood), and it’s simple to adjust so you get just the right amount of slouch. It took me only a few days to knit.

back

The yarn I used is Dream in Color Classy in Happy Forest, which I think might be the best green ever. It’s a tad too variegated for my tastes for something like a sweater, but for this hat it is perfect.

pile o hats

Porom is one of those patterns I should perpetually leave in my queue. This is the third time I’ve knit it, and I very much doubt it will be my last. It’s also the second time I’ve knit it out of Dream in Color Classy. The pattern and yarn work really well together.

front

HelloKnitty’s Porom – Ravelry link

Thursday, 13 December, 2012 9:20 am

Oh! Love those hats – all of them and every color. Love my beautiful daughter too! xooxox

2. Thursday, 13 December, 2012 9:51 am

Cute! LOVE em!

3. Thursday, 13 December, 2012 12:16 pm

Super cute! And you look great in green – so definitely necessary to have a green hat in your wardrobe.

4. Carole Azar permalink
    Thursday, 13 December, 2012 3:53 pm

I’ve just finished my 4th Slouchy Copy Cat hat – made them for my daughter and granddaughters and plan to make a couple for myself. I love making these hats – they are fun and quick to make. I had been looking for a hat pattern that I liked for my girls and was so happy when you posted the link for the pattern. The Porom looks cute too. I’m going to check it out. Have a Merry Christmas and Holiday Season!

5. Thursday, 13 December, 2012 4:37 pm

I love that hat! I’ve been looking for a good slouchy hat pattern, so I’ll have to try that one.

6. stacy permalink
    Saturday, 15 December, 2012 7:52 am

Love your new hat! So cute!