Wash, rinse, repeat

Tuesday, 17 July, 2012

Swatching.

Photographing.

Blocking.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

This is my knitting life right now. I knit some swatches, I take photographs of the swatches, I block the swatches, I photograph the swatches again. Not very exciting, is it?

The thing that saves this (secret) project is there is a lot of turnover. Swatches don’t take much time, so I’m constantly finishing one and moving on to the next. I don’t get bogged down in long rows or the feeling that I’m never going to finish what I’m working on. I have one mini finished project after another, all stacked into one growing larger by the day pile.

I’ve knit somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 swatches so far, which is around 1/3 of the way done. I’m hoping that with a road trip we’re taking later this week, where there will be lots of car knitting time, and the Olympics I can power through and be on track to finish around the end of August/mid-September. And then I’m going to kick back and focus on some selfish knitting for awhile.

1. Tuesday, 17 July, 2012 8:58 am

that’s a lot of swatching! Can’t wait to find out thhe project!

2. Tuesday, 17 July, 2012 9:35 am

almost 100 swatches! I’m not sure I could handle that all at one time, but I’m certainly intrigued to see what they become!!

3. Tuesday, 17 July, 2012 10:18 am

Ooo can’t wait to see what these swatches grow up to be!

4. Tuesday, 17 July, 2012 11:27 am

holy shit that’s a lot of swatches!

5. Tuesday, 17 July, 2012 3:10 pm

I am soo curious and confused about what all these swatches are for.

6. Wednesday, 18 July, 2012 8:49 am

Hurray for fast projects! I actually like the swatching process but I know that I’m probably unusual in that. Good luck with your project. Your light box looks nice too, with the side diffuser panels. I haul mine out now and then when I must. 😉

7. Kee permalink
    Wednesday, 18 July, 2012 8:55 am

Ooh, I’d love to have swatch power like you! That’s a crap-ton of swatches! I can’t wait to see what you’re doing.

Wednesday, 18 July, 2012 9:23 pm

I know nothing about knitting but I though a swatch would be some little thingy, these look like a fair size. Neat set-up you have there. Curious…. xooxox

9. Saturday, 21 July, 2012 10:06 am

Severely impressed by your responsible swatchiness.