Sweet Sarie

Wednesday, 9 November, 2011
My dear friend Sarie lives in Seattle, where she spins some of the most gorgeous handspun I’ve ever seen, including this skein. It’s beautiful, obviously, but it’s extra special because the colors remind me of the Northwest. The yarn came to live with me, but didn’t stay in my stash for very long.

I don’t remember how Sarie and I “met” – somewhere on Ravelry for sure, but eventually our friendship grew and she and I met during the summer of 2010. Sarie is as awesome in person as she is online, and we made plans to meet up again soon. But before we had the chance I moved far away, and we’ve had to make due with texts and chats.

The yarn is an aran/bulky weight with less than 200 yards so a hat was a perfect small project for it. I made the pattern up as I went along, and I am so happy with how it turned out. Every time I wear it I get compliments, which is nice, but what I love most about it is that when I wear it I think of my friend. Miss you, Sarie!

P.S. – If you like Sarie’s handspun please check out her shop etsy!

Sweet Sarie – Ravelry link
  1. Wednesday, 9 November, 2011 11:36 am

The hat is beautiful, did you write the pattern down?! I’d love a copy. The yarn is beautiful, my sister rocks. And the whole message of love is beautiful and makes me wish I was your friend too! But I’ll settle for friend by default. 🙂 I have a pair of handspun socks sarie made me and when i wear them it’s like a big hug from her all day! Something extra special by getting literal warmth from the warmth of someone loving you. Wow – cheesy.

• Wednesday, 9 November, 2011 11:50 am

I’ll have to look through my notes and see if I wrote enough down to make up a pattern.

Your sister is an awesome lady, and I’m so glad I can call her my friend.

2. Wednesday, 9 November, 2011 11:43 am

Wow, what a nice surprise! Thank you, Kate! Your hat looks fantastic. Which skein of handspun was this? xoxo

• Wednesday, 9 November, 2011 11:47 am

It’s from Murky!

Hearts to you, lady. Big ones.

Wednesday, 9 November, 2011 11:50 am

Beautiful daughter (your hair is getting long), beautiful hat, beautiful color, beautiful yarn and a story of a friendship. Love you honey! xoxoxox

4. Wednesday, 9 November, 2011 11:53 am

MURKY! Oh, that’s right! That is actually one of the spins I have most loved. Jeanette is such a talented dyer!!!

5. Wednesday, 9 November, 2011 1:02 pm

That’s some lovely green.

6. Bryne permalink
    Wednesday, 9 November, 2011 5:08 pm

The colors in your hat are awesome. The remaind me of the sea. Keep on blogging. Bryne