Cats for sale

Thursday, 28 July, 2011

Last week I talked about how I was fortunate enough at one point to have my own craft room. I had something else at that house too: a room of my own in the basement that contained only my treadmill and, more importantly, a large table used exclusively for blocking my handknits.

I miss a lot of things about Idaho. My family and friends, of course. My garden, especially my strawberry and raspberry plants, which I know are heavy with fruit right now. I used to love going out after work and picking a handful of berries for a late afternoon snack. I miss the mountains, and while I love the hot weather we have in Houston, there is surprisingly such thing as too much nice weather, and I miss the occasional cooler, rainy Pacific Northwest summer days.

But one of the things I miss most is a door. Specifically, the door on the room in the basement where I blocked my knits.

Because back when I had that door things like this didn’t happen because my cats and their good-for-nothing claws couldn’t do god knows what to my blocking knits at night when I’m not around. There were six or seven spots like this on the sweater. Luckily I was able to fix them.

For sale: two cats. Cheap.

1. Thursday, 28 July, 2011 7:32 am

I’ve placed a sheet over blocking items before I had a door of my own. Doesn’t stop them laying on the blocking, but makes the texture less interesting.

Thursday, 28 July, 2011 8:16 am

Naughty Andy and Olive! Too tempting to leave alone I guess. Glad you could fix it! Miss you! xoxoox

3. Thursday, 28 July, 2011 8:37 am

Oh no!

4. Aunt Judi permalink
    Thursday, 28 July, 2011 9:06 am

Oh no! Bad kitty! Also heard of putting aluminum foil on top…not sure if it works. Love your blog!!! I look for a posting each day.

5. ratiganknits permalink
    Thursday, 28 July, 2011 3:26 pm

I’ve experienced this myself, we have 3 cats. Sorry. You’re so talented you’ll work some magic and we won’t even know where those spots were.

6. Friday, 29 July, 2011 3:51 am