Baby come back

Monday, 25 July, 2011

About two weeks ago my knitting mojo was all ‘later, bitch’ and took off for who knows where.

I think it’s due to a combination of things.

I don’t set out to be this way, but I’m really a goody-goody at heart. I live a very healthy lifestyle, to the point where I feel like I’m living dangerously if I have more than a couple glasses of wine in an entire year. But there is this one thing that is sort of like crack to me. It’s called Animal Crossing, and it is the dumbest game known to man. And I’ve started playing it again.

For fun you go fishing and catch bugs. It should really be called ‘Things you would rather be shot than do in your every day life for fear you might die of boredom’ and I can’t. Stop. Playing.

Why?

Why?

This game is dumb. Why am I playing it? I could have finished the shawl I showed you last week with all the hours I’ve devoted to wasting my time.

Except that, you know, I ripped the entire shawl out on Saturday night (do I know how to have fun on the weekend or what?) because I didn’t like how it was turning out, which I think was the reason my mojo disappeared in the first place, and have started over. Which is a good thing, because I’m already happier with it.

Goodbye, stockinette stitch. Hello, garter stitch.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some fish to catch. HELP ME.

1. Monday, 25 July, 2011 4:58 pm

I wish you played AC: CF on Wii, because then we could visit each other & swap gifts. 😉

2. Monday, 25 July, 2011 6:44 pm

For me it was Scribblenauts!
    Back away from the DS….

3. Monday, 25 July, 2011 7:40 pm

Oh, noes! I was freakishly addicted to Animal Crossing for quite a while. Had an affair going with Rocco. (Is he a rhino or something?) Haven’t played in 2 years, and I’m afraid to go back because there will be WEEDS all over my town!

4. Monday, 25 July, 2011 9:35 pm

And I who was feeling guilty because I’m reading blogs instead of knitting LOL! Hope you find a cure soon 😉 Glad you re-started your shawl and you like it better now. I do it all the time!

5. Tuesday, 26 July, 2011 2:04 am

i’m with pdxknitterati! if i go back now, there will be tooo many weeds. i used to play this game on Gamecube! and then i got it for the DS too. lately, i’ve been caught playing an old Zelda on the wii…but i admit, i feel like i’ve got nothing to show for my time (except beating a dungeon). i lost my mojo for a few weeks also, and also due to a project misbehaving. it is still sitting in the corner, haunting me at night. i know i need to rip it and start over but it is hard to admit defeat!

6. Tuesday, 26 July, 2011 8:16 am

Although I’ve never played Animal Crossing, I used to play Guild Wars relentlessly. I was a pretty big nerd about it (I still am about other things, of course), and I still think about getting back into it.

In other news, your shawl is looking awesome! You’ve got me in the mood for some stripes (my favorite!).