Montana

Monday, 2 August, 2010

Yesterday morning Nate, my brother and I packed up and made the 2 1/2 hour trip to Northwestern Montana, in the middle of the Cabinet Mountains.

We headed over to an old cedar grove and walked around for a few hours, discovering amazing trees this this one.

That’s me in front and my brother to the right. The tree is hollow, and we were able to crawl inside. It’s so big that two people could easily sleep inside the tree overnight. How cool would that be?

Later that day we went over to Kootenai Falls.

This little waterfall is off to the side, and my brother and I walked out onto the rocky ledge in front of it.

It was a beautiful day and the mist coming off the falls felt so good. My toes, on the other hand, were numb after a minute because the water was FREEZING.

Even though we were gone all day I managed to get some knitting done.

I’m at least 50 feet above the river there, and contrary to how it may look, my feet were dangling over the edge. There was nothing below me.

It was a good day.

1. Monday, 2 August, 2010 1:24 pm

God I miss Montana. It’s the only state I know of where you can get those sort of views all year round.

Monday, 2 August, 2010 5:51 pm

Wow! You could earn the dedicated knitter award! Great pictures honey!
    xoxoox

3. Tuesday, 3 August, 2010 6:49 am

It looks like a FANTASTIC day.

4. Nate permalink
    Wednesday, 4 August, 2010 9:47 am

Ah, such a relaxing day. I still need to get those pictures from you.

5. Wednesday, 4 August, 2010 5:46 pm

Gorgeous pictures! Impressive nature!

6. carol permalink
    Tuesday, 18 January, 2011 8:53 am

hi there! love your multnomah shawl, but having trouble downloading it!! do you think I could make this in a worsted weight? I have some beautiful rios that I would like to use…..first need to figure out how to get pattern!

7. Saturday, 2 April, 2011 11:28 am

I, too, loved you on accident! I was on Ravelery, saw “Multnomah”, knew the name and loved your shawl so I had to keep on goin’. I came from Aloha, OR to Troy, MT and know both areas well…the swinging bridge a FAVORITE. My sissy lives in Seaside still so get to visit here whenever I miss the ocean. I am a self-taught knitter also and can’t put it down. I have a project in the car, my walking coat, the bathroom when I want to hide – you name it. I’m into socks now and merino….NO ACRYLIC socks in Montana! Made that fatal mistake only once. Anyway, you’re someone ANYONE would like upon meeting them. You’re also a huge inspiration so keep up the good work in all your endeavors…..THANKS A BUNCH