Twenty Ten

Monday, 12 July, 2010

As soon as the pattern for the Twenty Ten Cardigan was released it moved to the top of my to-knit list. I’m always a bit of a sucker for asymmetrical designs, and being that I started this in April, the idea of a short sleeved sweater was very appealing

It fits perfectly (I purposely knit it in a slightly smaller gauge so it would be more form fitting) and the pattern was so easy to understand – if you’re a fan of interesting techniques you’ll appreciate the short-row sleeves. I love the little details like the floppy collar that looks just as great unbuttoned.

And the tiny pocket you can barely see unless you know it’s there. This was the first time I’d ever knit a pocket!

That being said, Twenty Ten was a total snoozefest to knit. With the exception of the cuffs and sleeves, it’s all moss stitch. Knitting this was so boring I lost the will to blog and it made me completely lose my knitting mojo for about three weeks because I couldn’t bring myself to knit another row of k1, p1.

The pattern calls for bulky weight yarn, but I knit mine with worsted and went up a size or two to accommodate the change. I used MadelineTosh Vintage, which is pretty much my all-time favorite sweater yarn now. It’s such a dream to knit with. The color is Dahlia and I have no clue what size needle I used. And even though moss stitch sucks up the yarn it didn’t use a ridiculous amount – just 900 yards.

These pictures were taken by the lovely Sarah (aka Sarie26) on Bainbridge Island while I was on a mini-break in Seattle in late June. Thank you dear!

HelloKnitty’s Twenty Ten – Ravelry link

1. gurganus permalink
    Monday, 12 July, 2010 4:27 pm

Beautiful!

2. Monday, 12 July, 2010 5:14 pm

Oh, I love it! Going to have to add this one to my queue. 🙂

3. Monday, 12 July, 2010 6:19 pm

It’s just incredibly beautiful!

4. Monday, 12 July, 2010 7:56 pm

What a great color! Super cute knit and looks great on you.

5. Monday, 12 July, 2010 9:03 pm

That’s absolutely stunning! Both the color and pattern are brilliant. You have the best FO’s!

Monday, 12 July, 2010 9:24 pm

Love it! Now you should post a photo of how it looks without a shirt under it. Great color on you!
    xoxooxox

7. Tuesday, 13 July, 2010 2:51 am

Oh wow! I love that sweater. It’s beautiful and it looks fantastic on you!

8. Tuesday, 13 July, 2010 5:24 am

Beautiful cardi! The color you chose is especially flattering to both the design and you. I don’t think I would have considered knitting this if I had only seen the page on Ravelry with the mustardy colored yarn. Now, it’s one more project in my queue. 🙂

9. Tuesday, 13 July, 2010 7:27 am

I feel you on the moss stitch. It’s so pretty but GD it’s boring and tedious. I always change the pattern to double moss stitch for my own sanity. Or lust from afar. I think I’m just going to lust from afar for this sweater. It’s so cute!

10. Tuesday, 13 July, 2010 9:25 am

The moss stitch pain was worth it, because you look fabulous!

11. elsa permalink
    Wednesday, 14 July, 2010 6:28 am

beautiful color and love the look on your face! very pleased with yourself! I would be too! love it!

12. Theo permalink
    Monday, 19 July, 2010 11:30 pm

so glad to see you back… You look great as does your knitting… well duhhhh… C:

13. Katinka permalink
    Thursday, 29 July, 2010 10:03 am

Pretty cardi! I picked up a skein of MadTosh Vintage at Stitches West and it was instant love — I’d order a truckload of it if I could. 🙂

Trackbacks