Unexcused absence

Monday, 5 July, 2010

I feel like I owe you all an explanation for my absence, but beware: it’s not an interesting one. Here it goes – my knitting got boring and I didn’t want to talk about it and then my life got busy and I couldn’t find time to talk about my knitting, even though I really wanted to.

Snore, I know.

Life is good though. Great, in fact. I haven’t fallen off of the healthy lifestyle wagon – I’m still eating right and exercising and have now lost around 95 lbs. My sister and her family visited from Wisconsin. She hadn’t been out to Idaho in nearly 20 years so this was super exciting. My husband got a fantastic new job and spent most of June in training in Seattle.

I went to visit him for a long weekend, and I hope you enjoy this picture (taken on top of the Space Needle) because it’s the only one I took on my entire trip. Which is not at all an indication of the time I had in Seattle, because I had a ball and would move there in a heartbeat if my husband liked large cities.

And I’ve been knitting.

That’s a sneak peak of one of my finished projects – there are three I need to show you!

And I’ve been designing. The second sleeve is nearly finished, then it’s on to the button bands. I’m so pleased with how this is turning out. I hope you love it because I really, really do. I don’t want to give away too much yet, but I will tell you this: it’s a cardigan.

I have been kicking myself for letting the blog go for so long without a word. Now that my husband is home and things have slowed down a bit around here that should change.

Monday, 5 July, 2010 12:21 pm

Oh! You are back; I missed reading the blog.

2. Monday, 5 July, 2010 12:38 pm

This is the first time I’ve read your blog, I saw your post on twitter, I’m glad you’re getting back into it! I’m trying to get back into the habit of posting on mine as well. Congrats on coming so far in living the healthy lifestyle, 95 lbs! That’s really an achievement! Any advice? I’m having trouble sticking to a routine, I need to light a fire under my butt and just COMMIT. Looking forward to seeing how your new cardi turns out!

3. Monday, 5 July, 2010 1:57 pm

Can’t tell you how happy i am to see your back! I am one who regularly visits your blog for inspiration. You are so talented. Oh and congrats on losing 95 lbs. Thats amazing.

4. Kathleen permalink
    Monday, 5 July, 2010 3:16 pm

Yea, I’m so glad to see you’re back. Everyone needs a break from things now and then but I have to admit that I’ve missed reading your blog and kept checking back faithfully. So glad to hear things are going well for you and I’m excited to see more of your knitting.

5. Lynna permalink
    Monday, 5 July, 2010 3:27 pm

I’m so glad you’re back! I don’t know you and have never commented, but I was telling friends of mine that I was getting worried that something was wrong with the author one of my favorite knitting blogs. I’m glad i can report back that all is well.
    🙂

6. Amanda permalink
    Monday, 5 July, 2010 6:08 pm

Yay! Glad to see a new post from you!

7. Monday, 5 July, 2010 6:26 pm

I am so happy to see you back! I completed the Tea Leaves Cardigan 6 weeks or so ago, and your blog was what gave me the inspiration to try it. Cardigans are my favorite project, well, almost. Socks are my number 1 favorite. So glad to hear you’re back and that illness wasn’t keeping you away. The raspberry cardigan pictured is very tempting! Good to see your smile.

8. Susan from Athens permalink
    Tuesday, 6 July, 2010 3:02 am

Kate so nice to have you back! I’ve been popping in once in a while to see what you’re doing. Glad that life has kept you busy in a positive way and you’re doing well with all your lifestyle changes!
    Can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to knitting-wise!

9. Tuesday, 6 July, 2010 3:58 am

It’s great to read you. You are an inspiration.

10. Tuesday, 6 July, 2010 5:16 am

Raspberry Cardi looks sexy on new thinner you. Beautiful color. Congrats on making on all good healthy living choices, its hard to do especially when you’re traveling and off schedule.
    Can’t wait to see your other creation.
    Glad your back.

Laura
    RatiganKnits @ Ravelry

11. elsa permalink
    Tuesday, 6 July, 2010 6:06 am

so glad you are back! love the rose sweater you’re wearing and looking forward to the new project~pattern you’ve got up your sleeve (please forgive the pun)!

12. Tuesday, 6 July, 2010 12:07 pm

Congratulations on your amazing health news. That is fantastic. I’m excited to see your new design, and that knitting FO looks very interesting.

13. Jodi permalink
    Wednesday, 7 July, 2010 5:00 pm

So glad to see you are back to blogging, are staying healthy, and are as creative and crafty as ever. Love the cardigan(?).

14. Aunt Judi permalink
    Thursday, 8 July, 2010 3:31 am

Look at you!!! So beautiful and healthy! What an accomplishment! Proud of you.

15. Lorraine permalink
    Friday, 9 July, 2010 10:19 am

Sooo glad you are back. I love what you knit and have missed the updates. Looking forward to the cardigans completion.

16. Sunday, 25 July, 2010 3:16 pm

Congrats on the weight loss. I too have found that my new-found healthy lifestyle has resulted in some knitting needle neglect, and am trying to figure out how to run both grooves at the same time. Looks like you found your knitting mojo again!