Liesl

Wednesday, 3 March, 2010

Dear Liesl, I hardly know you. From start to finish in 60 hours is not nearly enough time to get acquainted with a sweater.

Before we go any further, I’d like to stop and thank my husband, who took these photos and failed to tell me my glasses were crooked. Thanks babe!

I don’t have much to say about Liesl. It was such a quick, easy knit that I don’t have any notes about it. It doesn’t really fit yet, but hopefully by the time it’s warm enough to wear a lacy little cardigan it will.

It’s quite cute, isn’t it? And what’s not to love about a cardigan that only takes 400 yards of worsted weight yarn? I knit mine out of MadelineTosh Vintage in Kelp, and used size 10.5 needles.

My favorite part are the Bakelite buttons. A good set of buttons really can make a piece – or change it’s look entirely. Imagine the difference it would have made if I’d bought a pair of rhinestone buttons from the 50’s instead . . .

HelloKnitty’s Liesl – Ravelry link

1. Annegret permalink
    Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 7:11 am

Your Liesl looks great. I really like the style. A quick work with only 60 hours. The spring can come now.
    Annegret

2. Bertha permalink
    Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 7:32 am

Oh man, I love this so much. SO MUCH. It looks so great on you, the color is perfection!

3. Christy permalink
    Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 7:36 am

Beautiful!

4. Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 8:10 am

Great color!!!
    I use vintage buttons on my hats too, thanks for the tip…..maybe that will save me the hours I spend searching antique malls and estate sales…………not……..
    The sweater is beautiful….and you look fabulous!

5. Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 8:45 am

Not only beautiful, but it looks beautiful on you – what crooked glasses? I recently added buttons from my mother’s old button box to a jacket…vintage is best, especially when there’s some sentimental value.

6. Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 9:51 am

It looks adorable on you and you are looking awesome!!

7. Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 12:58 pm

Cute! Great color, and the buttons are perfect.

I just thought your head was tilted to the right. 😉 My glasses sometimes look crooked because one of my ears is higher than the other.

8. Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 1:08 pm

I know what you mean about feeling like you hardly have time to get acquainted with this project before it’s over. I wear mine a ton in the summertime, but actually knitting it went by so fast I don’t remember much about it.

And the great thing about such a drapey, lacey cardi is that even if it doesn’t fit to perfection yet, it already looks super-cute on you!

9. Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 5:13 pm

The color is such a lovely choice for you. I’ve made two Liesl’s, and certainly would not be opposed to a third. It’s such a gratifying pattern. Congrats on your ravelympics success!

Wednesday, 3 March, 2010 6:07 pm

Love it honey!

11. Saturday, 13 March, 2010 5:04 pm

So cute! I adore the color. (and wouldn’t have noticed tilted glasses if you hadn’t mentioned it. I swear.)

12. Tuesday, 23 March, 2010 1:52 pm

I love this cardigan, it s really beautiful!
    a bientot