Make now, wear later

Sunday, 17 January, 2010

My recent weight loss has been something I’ve been quite public about because, even though talking about such things makes me slightly uncomfortable, I hoped it would keep me accountable and on track. As a result of this, people I know in person and online often ask me how things are going.

My Ribbed Pullover Vest (made with BMFA Socks that Rock Heavyweight in Bleck) is made to fit a 34″ chest, which is quite a bit smaller than I am now (39.25″). But I am as confident that I’ll get there as I am confident that this vest will be finished up before I head back to work on Tuesday. It’s going to happen.

Since numbers tend to give a more complete story than my saying I’m going to fit into something I can’t, here you go:

Total lbs lost in 4.5 months: I haven’t weighed myself in a few days so I can’t say for sure, but it’s at least 60, probably a couple more.

Starting bust measurement: 46.5″ – meaning I’ve lost 7.25″

How much more do I have to go? I’m not sure. I think I’m probably a little over the halfway mark.

What does all this mean? If I can do it, so can you. Really. It’s all diet and exercise. For so long I wanted to make a change in my life, and finally doing it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. Even though I still have a long road ahead of me, I can’t begin to tell you how much better I feel. My mental health has improved by leaps and bounds, I have so much more energy, my skin is clearer than it ever before, the list goes on and on.

I promise another update on this in a couple months. And if you have any questions, you can always send me a message on Ravelry (I’m here).

1. Sunday, 17 January, 2010 4:31 pm

I’ve lost about 30 pounds in 3 months, and you’re spot on with everything else improving. Even my allergies have gotten better, and since I live in horrible place for pollen (Southeast Georgia), it’s amazing to be able to breathe through my nose all year long.

And, this is probably TMI, my cycle has become more predictable and less painful.

Sunday, 17 January, 2010 4:33 pm

The vest is looking good honey and so are you. We know how hard this is and how dedicated you are and we are so proud of you. Changing, really changing any habits are very difficult and dieting means everyday you are faced with temptations and have to make choices. The benefits are stunning and the changes to your health wonderful. And you can now be an inspiration to others that just may make someone else take the step and get on track.

3. Sunday, 17 January, 2010 6:05 pm

Congrats! I’m constantly amazed by the actual losing of weight. Like, where does it go? I lost about 60 pounds a few years ago and I still sometimes don’t recognize myself in the mirror. Good luck on the rest of your journey!

4. Sunday, 17 January, 2010 8:45 pm

OH my goodness, I didn’t realize it was that much! That’s amazing! You should be very, very proud 🙂

5. Monday, 18 January, 2010 12:04 am

I was looking at some of your project pictures on Ravelry and you’re looking great! So inspirational!

6. Aunt Judi permalink
    Monday, 18 January, 2010 5:54 am

60 pounds!!! OMG! You are an inspiration to us all. If you can accomplish this in your life, you can accomplish anything! Congratulations!

7. Monday, 18 January, 2010 12:07 pm

WOW! I’m super impressed! Your success is inspiring to the rest of us who sometimes struggle to stay motivated in the workout department. Thanks for blogging about it! 🙂

8. Friday, 22 January, 2010 4:09 pm

It’s precisely what I have to lose! I started a diet on 11 January. I have not lost much weight but the pointer of the balance has begun to move. I have 3 children and I alwaysgained a lot in all my pregnancys, it is now time to think a little in myself.
    Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s certainly motivating!
    Love from Portugal 🙂