Amelia

Sunday, 3 January, 2010

When I started knitting Amelia back in October you might remember I chose a size that wouldn’t fit since I’m in the process of losing weight. I finished knitting it in November but put off blocking and sewing on the buttons for the longest time because I didn’t see the point. Why put the effort into something I couldn’t wear yet?

As the end of the year approached, I thought it was probably time to get on the ball and finish it up. Even though I was sure it still wouldn’t fit I hate having unfinished projects lingering. And guess what?

It fits!

Even though I fell in love with this pattern immediately when it came out, I never knit it because I couldn’t find the right yarn, and I wanted it to be perfect. When I did cast on with my skeins of MadelineTosh Worsted in Fig it was on a whim, but now that it’s finished I don’t think I could have made a better choice. As for the needle size, I’m not real sure what I used. 4’s and 5’s? 5’s and 6’s? Could be either of those.

One of the best parts of this sweater are the buttons. They’re gorgeous. Luckily these came in a set of 10, and I only used five, so I have enough for another cardigan!

This is not my last finished project of 2009 – there will be another post tomorrow with that.

HelloKnitty’s AmeliaΒ  – Ravelry link

Sunday, 3 January, 2010 2:13 pm

Pretty, pretty! Buttons are beautiful!
    xoxoxoxo

2. Sunday, 3 January, 2010 4:24 pm

It’s gorgeous, you look great. πŸ™‚

3. Sunday, 3 January, 2010 5:06 pm

Congratulations on so many levels! The beautiful sweater, the finishing of it, the fact that it fits, the beautiful you. Fabulous!

4. Sunday, 3 January, 2010 5:18 pm

Your sweater looks great–perfect pairing of yarn, color and pattern. Oh, and thanks for sharing the button link…I found the perfect buttons for a sweater that’s been finished for at least 6 months! πŸ˜€

5. Sunday, 3 January, 2010 6:58 pm

Could have fooled me – I thought this was Sundara worsted! The stitch definition on the ribbing is amazing. Great work on the sweater and great work on the diet. Give yourself a great pat on the back for both.

• helloknitty permalink
      Tuesday, 5 January, 2010 11:19 am

The stitch definition looks the way it does because the pattern calls for ktbl instead of regular knits. Makes it look so much nicer!

6. Sunday, 3 January, 2010 8:43 pm

Hooray! Congratulations! You rockity rock rock. And the cardigan is just all kinds of gorgeous.

πŸ™‚

7. Monday, 4 January, 2010 2:52 am

Very very pretty!

8. knitterkitter permalink
    Monday, 4 January, 2010 5:29 pm

Gorgeous! Congratulations again on your weight loss. You look great! πŸ™‚

Trackbacks