New patterns for October!

Tuesday, 10 November, 2009

If there’s one thing to be said about knitwear designers, it would be that they’re a prolific bunch. Every time I turn around there are 800 new patterns on Ravelry, and it is impossible to keep track of them all. I know I’m missing out on some really great stuff, and you probably are too, so I thought I’d start making monthly posts of my favorite new patterns.

honeybee

Honeybee Cardigan by Laura Chau – This pattern came out in September, but I think because of the new Twist Collective/Knitty/IK it sort of got lost in the shuffle, which is a shame because it’s super cute. I’ve never been fond of cropped sweaters, but I can actually see myself wearing this. Instructions are also included to make the sweater full-length. My focus right now is on garments I can wear during the winter, but come spring I bet I’ll be casting on. I’m thinking a gold or red-orange color.

ballard

Ballard Slouch Hat by Felicia Lo – Felicia is the genius behind Sweet Georgia yarn, which if you haven’t checked out yet you should because she dyes up some gorgeous yarns. Actually, on second thought, it’s all truly awful stuff and you should leave it all for me to knit with. Or something. Anywho, I swear berets look good on everyone, and this pattern is free, so it’s a perfect quick knit for Christmas.

shoes

French Press Felted Slippers by Melynda Bernardi – Upon seeing this pattern on Ravelry, I promptly made a noise audible only to dogs and bats because these? Could not be cuter. I already have this scheme running in my head where I make 12 pairs, all in different colors, and while I wear normal shoes to work, I change into these as soon as I arrive. And no one figures out I’m wearing slippers all day long because they look like shoes. BRILLIANT.

tea leaves

Tea Leaves Cardigan by Melissa LaBarre for MadelineTosh – Do you know what’s better than cardigans that button only at the top? Nothing. I’m not a huge fan of single ply yarns so I won’t be using the MadelineTosh merino called for in the pattern, but I am going to use MadelineTosh worsted in Oxblood. Yes, I already have the yarn.

Those are my favorite new patterns! What patterns are you itching to cast on?

FYI, I stole all these pictures.

Not really.

All pictures were used with the permission of the designers.

1. Tuesday, 10 November, 2009 11:28 am

I love those cardigans, they’re both on my “to knit” list ๐Ÿ™‚

Tuesday, 10 November, 2009 12:09 pm

The slippers are you!
    xoxooxx

3. Tuesday, 10 November, 2009 12:31 pm

I have all of these faved too. Great minds think alike!

4. Tuesday, 10 November, 2009 1:24 pm

I love this idea…except that all these patterns are already in my faves! LOL But I guess that means that we have similar taste and I can now rely on you to clue me in on things I may have missed. Perfect. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• helloknitty permalink
      Tuesday, 10 November, 2009 1:42 pm

I’ll clue you in if you promise to knit them for me ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. Tuesday, 10 November, 2009 2:03 pm

I neeeeed those slippers. And I need a pattern for unfelted ones for babies/toddlers.

6. Tuesday, 10 November, 2009 3:08 pm

O.M.G. Those slippers are way to freaking cute and I neeeeed to make some. For me. No one else. At least not until I have them in all sorts of different colors. I like the beret too, and I’m gonna have to add that to my Christmas queue.

7. Tuesday, 10 November, 2009 3:28 pm

You know what? We have the same taste! I love your choices! If you look at my blog, you’ll see that I have the Melissa’s pattern on my needles! I love the Laura Chau vest also.
    bye bye!!

8. Angela permalink
    Wednesday, 11 November, 2009 5:59 am

Great idea,love your blog and patterns!

9. Thursday, 12 November, 2009 1:32 pm

I am loving the Tea Leaves cardigan as well and have already added it to my queue ๐Ÿ™‚