Ishbel

Monday, 7 September, 2009

Another week, another shawl!

I’ve been meaning to make Ishbel for quite some time now, but it’s one of those pattern I was never able to get around to. It wasn’t until Sock Summit, where I got to see many beautiful examples in person, that I was finally inspired to make one of my own.

The yarn was purchased specifically for this pattern while I was at Sock Summit. It is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Mediumweight in 24 Karat. I used size 3 needles.

Between my love of cardigans and fingering weight shawls I’m content to knit little else. My sweaters always get a great deal of use, but the shawls spend most of the time folded up in my cedar chest. It seems I like making them far more than I like wearing them. When I do wear them it’s usually fashioned similar to how I’m wearing Ishbel in the first picture, which is why I made the small version. It measures 38.5″ x 15″, perfect for wearing around my neck.

HelloKnitty’s Ishbel – Ravelry link

1. Monday, 7 September, 2009 4:33 pm

I love wearing shawls, especially my Ishbel! You are really cranking out the knitting lately; I’m in awe!

2. Monday, 7 September, 2009 4:37 pm

that is SO beautifully done!!! I love the color and the pattern. Very sweet little shawl

3. Knitter Kitter permalink
    Monday, 7 September, 2009 5:23 pm

Just gorgeous! I love that color too!

Monday, 7 September, 2009 5:40 pm

Beautiful September color! Lovely work as usual. xoxooxox

5. Monday, 7 September, 2009 7:19 pm

Love the shawl! I need to knit one myself but after I’ve done Multnomah and the two socks on the needles.

6. Jodi permalink
    Monday, 7 September, 2009 7:45 pm

What a great color! I will always think of it as Buddhist Yellow.

7. Kathleen permalink
    Tuesday, 8 September, 2009 1:28 pm

The color fits our weather today…..very fallish. It’s so pretty and looks great on you. I’ve yet to make an Ishbel and everytime I see one made I wonder why I’ve not started one yet. Thanks for the inspiration as you’ve got me looking at yarn colors to use.

8. Wednesday, 30 September, 2009 9:34 am

oh superbe Ishbel !!! I ‘m knitting one just grey and I love to knitt it !!!! your Ishel is too pretty !!! excuse my poor english !!!

9. Tuesday, 6 October, 2009 10:47 pm

oh my Ishbel is finished !!! not so beautiful your’s !!! but I Love it !!!

10. Sunday, 22 November, 2009 8:47 pm

Thisl ooks great. I love the warm, sunny color you chose!

Trackbacks