Friday, 21 August, 2009

As of this morning, 23 people have cast on Multnomah (and three people have finished it already!), 509 people have added it to their queue, and 820 people have added it to their favorites.

Up until early Thursday evening I wasn’t even sure I was going to publish the pattern. I didn’t think very many people would be interested. Thank you for proving me wrong, and thank you to everyone who has left comments for me both here and on Ravelry. It really means a lot.

********

Can you believe this is a post not about a finished project? It has been nice to be so productive lately, but it is equally nice to talk about what I’m knitting while I’m in the process of knitting it.

Some of you are going to look at the colors I’m using for my latest project (a two-color shawl), and think I’ve lost it. But hopefully some of you will share my love for these two colors together. It’s not a shy pairing.

Sky blue and orange together reminds me of summer. Specifically, this is Sundara sock in Marigold and Robin’s Egg. I’m knitting Daybreak, from WestKnits, and I hope to have half the stripes done today.

1. Friday, 21 August, 2009 10:10 am

Oh, I don’t doubt your genius choosing those colours! A Daybreak will be gorgeous in those colours.

2. Friday, 21 August, 2009 10:28 am

Well, seeing as I was on all the Sundarans like white on rice to use these two colors together, I need hardly say that I heartily approve. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

3. Friday, 21 August, 2009 10:50 am

I would absolutely pair those two colors together ! Love them.

4. Friday, 21 August, 2009 11:40 am

Multnomah has definitely been getting ravelry love. Congrats! I’ve got it queued, and just have to pick the right yarn.

I love the colors you chose for Daybreak. I made a hat with some handspun (purchased on ravelry) in those colors. The orange and blue make me think of goldfish.

5. Liz permalink
    Friday, 21 August, 2009 12:03 pm

It’s a great color combo!

6. Knitter Kitter permalink
    Friday, 21 August, 2009 4:12 pm

Ooooh, I can’t wait to see it! I think those two colors will be lovely together 🙂

7. Monday, 24 August, 2009 6:47 pm

A) I just queued Multnomah. I’ve been searching for a pattern for my “special yarn” (I have a small budget, so my “good yarn” is very limited) in it’s lovely World of Warcraft related colors. So thank you for a lovely design.

B) Those two colors are gorgeous together, and I can’t wait to see the finished result! I always enjoy seeing pictures of your projects.

8. Kathy permalink
    Friday, 27 June, 2014 10:57 am

Just doing my gauge. Using the plucky knitter. Cottage garden. Love your pattern. Thank you!!