My Stash

Sunday, 31 May, 2009

This morning I decided to do something I’ve wanted to do for some time now: I went though my entire yarn stash. I created a spreadsheet, noting the name, weight, color, number of skeins, and total yardage of everything I have.

Here it is! And here’s my stash stats:

Bin 1 & 3: Sweater yarn

55 pairs of socks
16 sweaters
6 shawls
3 cowls
3 hats
2 scarfs
and 27 skeins I have no ideas for.

Yes, it’s a lot of yarn. But it doesn’t seem like anywhere near enough.

Monday, 1 June, 2009 4:28 am

It is a squirrel thing honey – and I should know a thing or two about that. How nicely organized! Better quit typing and start knitting! Hey! The stawberries are beautiful; you may end up enjoying gardening after all. Love you!

2. Monday, 1 June, 2009 8:52 am

Actually, with it all organized like that, it doesn’t seem like there’s that much at all. Of course, the picture doesn’t do a great job in showing how big, proportionately, those furniture items are in comparison to the room itself so it may just be an optical illusion.

Still more yarn than I have, regardless.

3. Monday, 1 June, 2009 5:49 pm

I love it! Organizing stuff that way feels wonderful

4. Tuesday, 2 June, 2009 1:43 pm

Wow! Terrific organization! I really, really need to get a handle on my stash…between the yarn and the spinning fibers…whoa! Way out of control over here! I love your ideas, and will try a similar style 🙂

5. craftthefinalfrontier permalink
    Tuesday, 16 June, 2009 3:46 am

I used to live a 1 hour and 40 minutes drive away from the nearest shop which sold yarn…..Choice is GOOD!

6. Monday, 22 June, 2009 9:54 pm

I would love to rummage through Bins 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. 🙂
    You are so organised. I wish I can be as organised when I finally find a new flat to move into.

Trackbacks