Oh My Stars

Sunday, 20 April, 2008

I think I’ll let the pictures do most of the talking on this one.

I could not be happier with how this shawl turned out.

Kauni Effektgarn 8/2, approximately 3/4 of a skein.

Started April 4th.

Finished April 19th.

Used size 2 Knitpicks Options Harmony Wood needles.

Worth every second I put into it.

Everyone needs a rainbow in their life.

1. Sunday, 20 April, 2008 10:24 am

It looks AMAZING! I really love this pattern, and you chose a great yarn.

…now I’ve got an itch for some lace.

Sunday, 20 April, 2008 3:10 pm

Absolutely stunning!! Can’t wait to see it on you!
    xoxox

3. Elizabeth A Gloor permalink
    Monday, 21 April, 2008 8:28 am

I love your rainbow colored shawl–is it Swallowtail pattern? Also how much yarn in Kauni did it take? I just ordered this yarn from Denmark and can’t wait to get it and start a beautiful shawl with it!!

4. Monday, 21 April, 2008 7:08 pm

WOW. Totally beautiful.

5. Monday, 21 April, 2008 7:14 pm

so lovely!

6. Tuesday, 22 April, 2008 1:31 pm

Beautiful! The bright colours work so well for that pattern!

7. Sarah permalink
    Thursday, 24 April, 2008 5:35 am

awesome job!! That’s a beautiful rainbow colorway. One thing tho, I think there is more blocking to be done…the YOs on the edge make lil’ points… of course its up to your prefs– but its an option.. πŸ™‚

8. Thursday, 24 April, 2008 12:46 pm

So gorgeous.

I want that yarn!

9. Wednesday, 21 May, 2008 11:47 am

This is seriously one of the most gorgeous knits I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen this yarn before, but wow. There are no words. Except hello-as I stumbled across your ravelry page today. πŸ™‚

10. Jackie Hoffman permalink
    Tuesday, 26 August, 2008 12:05 pm

Started April 4, finished April 19 . . . of the same year? You knit this in TWO WEEKS? On size two needles? My mind is totally boggled. The shawl is gorgeous!

11. Tuesday, 9 September, 2008 5:27 pm

This shawl is so gorgeous that I really want to make one like it. I don’t know how or where to find the pattern for the shawl. Please let me know, Thankyou, Marj

12. Martine Lagendijk permalink
    Tuesday, 17 March, 2009 9:56 am

Good evening Kate,

We love your shawl. It’s beautiful. Can you tell me where we can buy this pattern. Is it possible in Holland?

Greatings from Martine

13. Hillary permalink
    Sunday, 24 January, 2010 7:53 pm

Not only do I want to have the pattern, I want to know what yarns you used. I love it!

14. Kathy permalink
    Saturday, 3 April, 2010 8:08 pm

This is gorgeous! I would love to get this pattern if possible and the yarn colors. The yarn colors are so luminescent! Beautiful job! It is a feast for my eyes!