Soakbox

Wednesday, 30 May, 2012

At some point in the past year or so a good number of the knitters I know suddenly, collectively realized their preteen selves were right: painting your nails is actually really fun.

I have not been immune to this trend. For a decidedly unfancy lady my nails sport a color palate that puts my yarn stash to shame (not that I have a million little bottles of polish, it’s just that I am far more adventurous with my nails then I am with what I knit, where I am very picky about my brights). Twice a week I paint my nails, often with Charlie looking on, enviously.

I know I am not alone when I say there have been many times I’ve wish I had yarn to match my favorite polish, and the geniuses behind Soak and Lorna’s Laces have teamed up to make my dream come true.

Meet Soakbox. It comes with 3 oz. bottles of both Soak and their new hand creme, Handmaid, an exclusive fingerless mitten pattern, a bottle of premium nail polish (all polishes pictured are Essie), and a skein of Lorna’s Laces Shepherd’s Sport dyed to match the polish.

Cuff Au Lait

Soak does not mention which color polish is included in the box, but based on the photos I’m guessing this is Oh Cocoa.

Clark Cable

I think this polish is A list, which I own. It is a gorgeous red, probably my favorite red that I’ve ever had.

Lace Kelly

I’m pretty positive that this is Go Overboard, which I happen to be wearing right now. It’s a little less green than these pictures show.

Double Point Pink

Based on the name of the pattern I’m guessing the polish is Ballet Slippers.

Aren’t they wonderful? Soakboxes are retailing for $50.00. If you’d like to read more about Soakboxes, there are three excellent posts on the Soak blog about them and how they came to be. I bet The Scientist can guess which one I like the best.

Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 8:19 am

I noticed in another picture that you were wearing red nail polish and had to smile. Your grandmother wore red nail polish until her hands got so distorted from the arthritis. I always suspected she wore it so she could peel it off as it seemed a favorite past-time. I so remember piles of red shavings in the ash trays.Somehow I never thought of you as a nail polish kind of gal but lots of things about you have surprised me. Have fun with it! I am not the Scientist but I guess red???? xoxoox

• Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 9:41 pm

You’re right, Mom! And I didn’t know that about grandma!

2. Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 10:29 am

What a fantastic idea! I’ve had my nails done for years but recently switched to painting my own. They did a good job picking colors, too!

• Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 9:41 pm

I paint my own nails, and it shows. But I am getting better!

3. Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 2:28 pm

That is a very cool idea! I can’t bring myself to use polish colors other than pink or red, but I love the look of the kits. I hardly ever paint my fingernails because it doesn’t last more than 3 days, but I love a good pedicure and have designed/knit pedi socks before.

That red is gorgeous!

• Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 9:40 pm

I tend to gravitate to blue polishes, which is strange because it’s a color I don’t normally like for clothing.

4. Bertha permalink
    Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 5:14 pm

Oh. My. Fucking. GOD.

• Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 9:38 pm

I know, Bertha. I know. Someone could make a fortune with a full-time operation dyeing yarn to match popular polish colors.

• Monday, 1 October, 2012 2:12 pm

Love it! If only we could use your quote!!
      Jacqueline (Soak Wash Inc.)
      Cheers. j.

5. liz permalink
    Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 9:17 pm

I love this idea! And I’m really torn about which color I’d choose! I love the Cocoa & Lace Kelly. But really, they’re all beautiful.

• Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 9:36 pm

I would choose Clark Cable because I have an itty bitty crush the real Clark’s mustache.

6. Saturday, 2 June, 2012 5:06 pm

Love the Lace Kelly, that’s my “signature color”, after all! But, they are all fabulous! Great to see you posting.

7. Monday, 4 June, 2012 8:42 am

Ooh, what a neat idea! I like the red best, but the turquoise is pretty awesome, too. I keep hearing that “nail polish is the new lipstick.”

8. Saturday, 9 June, 2012 12:59 pm

omg … you had me at nail polish & kntting! (i’m glad to know there’s a trend in grown women suddenly starting to paint their nails – i feel better about myself!)

9. Wednesday, 29 August, 2012 9:10 am

I did it . . . I splurged on Clark Cable. LOVE. I have been searching for THE perfect red, and I definitely think this is it!

Trackbacks