The incredible shrinking woman

Friday, 20 August, 2010

This picture of me was taken in August of last year:

Two days later I walked into my gym for the first time, so nervous I almost had a panic attack in the waiting room. My trainer took me into his office, closed the door, and had me step on the scale. I weighed 254 lbs.

This is me last night. I had my one year weigh in at the gym this morning and. . .

. . . drumroll please . . .

I weigh 155 lbs!

That’s 99 lbs in one year!

Nate took this picture of me last August when we were at the Oregon coast. I’ve donated almost all my old clothes to thrift stores, but I did keep the outfit I’m wearing.

The pants fit a bit differently now.

There’s a saying people you want to punch in the face would say: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. It’s a horrible thing to say for many reasons, but in a sense it’s been true for me. Before I started this thing, this new direction for myself, I was not a happy girl. Severe depression, anxiety, extreme mood swings – these were all a regular part of my life. I suffered. I isolated myself, pretended my weight wasn’t that big of an issue while at the same time had health problems that pointed to something not good in my future, and my relationship with my husband was crumbling. The things he put up with from me . . .

Today, I am happy. For years I’ve had doctors tell me that if I lost weight my mental health would likely improve, and they were right. Oh my, how they were right. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so confident, so able, in my entire life. And, I have to admit, it’s really fun to walk into any store in the mall and know I can find clothes that fit.

On my first day at the gym my trainer took my measurements.

My bust was 46″. It’s now 37″.

My arms were 15″. Now they’re 11″.

My hips were 55″. Now they’re 42″.

And I wore size 22 pants. Now I wear an 8.

I love that girl in the first picture. I might not fit into her clothes anymore, but I am so proud to be her. She walked into that gym, where she was sure she had no business being, where she was sure everyone was going to make fun of her behind her back, and said enough. She’s lifted literally tons of weight in the last year, walked who knows how many miles, and has completely changed her eating habits.

I am not done. I’d like to lose another size, maybe two. By this time next year I not only want to be in maintenance mode, but hope to have taken up running and completed my first 5k.

This has been the best year of my life. So many of you have left me comments or sent messages of encouragement on Ravelry, and I can’t begin to tell you how much it has meant. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for sharing this special time with me.

1. Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:06 am

Congrats on your awesome achievement!!!!

2. Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:09 am

Wow, congratulations -it must be such a great feeling to see the results of all of your hard work.

You’re totally inspriring me :D

3. Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:13 am

Congrats, lady! So glad you’re feeling so much better & healthier these days. That is a massive accomplishment!

4. Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:16 am

Happy anniversary!

I’m in the middle of moving, but I plan on working out either a gym schedule or a work out schedule with someone when I get settled.

5. Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:17 am

Wow! What a year! You have put in some super work, and it’s great to see the change (dramatic). Good for you; thanks for sharing with us. Congratulations!

6. Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:29 am

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! You are absolutely amazing! No matter how many curse words I shout in excitement, no matter how many inches, or even feet, my jaw drops in utter astonishment, and no matter how many people I share your story with (and believe me I WILL share it for you!)… none of these things can begin to express how very proud I am of you and what an amazing inspiration you are to women everywhere.

I don’t hardly know you, but I couldn’t be more happy for you!

Keep it up!

7. Aunt Judi permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:35 am

What an absolutley incredible journey you’ve had…The human spirit is able to accomplish so much! So very proud of you, Em. You’re my hero!

8. Bertha permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:48 am

God, you are amazing. I wish I could do this. You are such an inspiration. Congratulations on your awesomeness!

9. Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:48 am

OH MY GOD!!!
    You are such an inspiration im 138lbs and i should be 100lbs (im short 1,5mts)

Big congratz!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:53 am

Congratulations, Kate. You rock!

11. Friday, 20 August, 2010 10:58 am

How amazing! I have goosebumps!

I’m slowing chipping away at the weight accumulated by having 2 babies in 2 years. It’s SO hard but posts like this encourage me to keep going.

Thank you for your candid honesty. <3

12. Friday, 20 August, 2010 11:04 am

What a fantastic and inspiring story! CONGRATULATIONS!

13. Friday, 20 August, 2010 11:25 am

WOW. I don’t know you, but I am so, so very proud of you. I am going through some similar things myself this year and it helps me so much to read your story. I can completely relate to that feeling of walking into the gym feeling like you don’t belong. You will be an inspiration to me. I know how much hard work went into what you’ve done, and that none of it was easy, but how completely worth it that work was! You look amazing, and what’s a million times better, you sound like you feel amazing inside. Congratulations.

14. Friday, 20 August, 2010 11:45 am

You’re an inspiration. I’ve peeked in on your blog over the past year and noticed the transformation. You look just wonderful. Congratulations!

15. Friday, 20 August, 2010 11:56 am

Yay, you! You look amazing. Not only have you accomplished something incredible, but you have a remarkable perspective on the whole journey.

You are an inspiration. And you may have to change the name of your blog to “hello gorgeous”

congrats. Relish in your new self!

16. Friday, 20 August, 2010 12:14 pm

Congratulations. You look beautiful and happy, and it’s wonderful that it has been such a positive change in your life!

17. Kyong permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 12:17 pm

You rock, Kate! You are such an inspiration.

18. Melissa B. permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 12:33 pm

Congratulations!!! How awesome!! In May a friend and I took up the challenge to do the Couch to 5K program. We completed it and ran our 1st 5k in July. We don’t love running, but we do miss running when we don’t get the chance. So, if 2 35+ moms who have NEVER EVER run before using the program can do it…than so can you!!!

19. Friday, 20 August, 2010 12:47 pm

WOW! Congrats! What an amazing job you have done! Very inspiring.

20. Friday, 20 August, 2010 1:06 pm

You rock! Congratulations on your new and improved lifestyle.

21. Jess permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 1:15 pm

Truly amazing and inspiring. Congratulations on your weight loss! I started at 262 last summer and have lost 25# so far through some dietary changes and a lot of biking and yoga. Seeing the changes in my body since this past winter is amazing and it’s hard to believe I’m even the same person any more – she looks so different from how I feel. That improvement in mental health has been phenomenal – I was extremely depressed for 2-3 years and I literally felt it switch off last fall during a bike ride. It’s amazing what an improvement in one’s health can do!

Keep on going – you are an inspiration and I thank you so much for sharing with us!

22. Friday, 20 August, 2010 2:49 pm

What a wonderful and inspirational story. Look at how strong you are! Congratulations to you.

23. Sprocket permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 3:02 pm

MY HERO

24. Sprocket permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 3:04 pm

One more thing from a fellow “loser”–might I suggest trying a sprint triathlon. Start couch-to-5K this fall, work with a swim coach over the winter at your local Y, then get on the bike in the spring and start a training program (trinewbies.com has good ones). The sherox series is great–all women. Bet you would love it :)

25. michele permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 3:39 pm

Congratulations! You go, Girl! You look GREAT. I usually don’t comment on blogs but you deserve all the kudos you can get.

26. Linda permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 3:55 pm

What an inspirational story, congratulations!

27. Janet permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 5:11 pm

Wow, congratulations! You worked hard and the results are amazing.

28. Nebraska Knitter permalink
    Friday, 20 August, 2010 5:43 pm

Congratulations! What you have done is quite an achievement and an inspiration to others. What a knitter!

29. Friday, 20 August, 2010 6:15 pm

Hey Kate! I’ve been wanting to comment for a while now, but didn’t want to seem like a creeper. Then I saw this post and had to tell you how great you look. It’s not just that you’re wearing a smaller size now, but you look SO happy! Good job! :)

30. Friday, 20 August, 2010 7:06 pm

Oh my GOSH. That is amazing!! How on earth did you do that? I mean, I know you went to the gym, but was it a diet change, too?

I’m so happy for you! I don’t even really know you but this made my night! ^_^

31. Friday, 20 August, 2010 8:58 pm

Wow! Congrats! I wish I have the willpower like you do!

32. Saturday, 21 August, 2010 4:27 am

Short and sweet: both your knitting and your extreme makeover are truly inspirational. It has kept me coming back for more than a year now :)

33. Saturday, 21 August, 2010 4:51 am

It’s been just 55 weeks since I met you last summer and I can honestly say, I would not recognize you now. You have made an incredible transformation that will serve you for life. It really does feel better to be fit than fat, mentally and physically!! You are INCREDIBLE and a real inspiration to those of us trying to ‘lose a few’.

34. Nancy J permalink
    Saturday, 21 August, 2010 5:19 am

Congratulations! What an accomplishment!
    (and let me take this opportunity to tell you that I love my Multnomah.)

35. Saturday, 21 August, 2010 7:49 am

Wow, that’s just so awesome. I too am on a similar journey, and hope I have the strength for even half your results.
    You rock.

36. Saturday, 21 August, 2010 8:22 am

Wow, Kate! I don’t know you, but my friend Sarah suggested I check out your blog because I’m on a similar journey. What an inspiration your story and pictures are! I got teary-eyed looking at all the photos. I was 275 at the beginning of this year, and have lost 45 pounds so far through diet and exercise. I still have a long road ahead but role models like you keep me moving forward, one step and one pound at a time. You did it and I can, too! Thanks for sharing and being such an inspiration!

37. Janet permalink
    Saturday, 21 August, 2010 8:24 am

I only started reading your blog a few weeks ago, and saw mention of losing weight, but…

That. Is. Amazing.

Your story makes me all fuzzy warm – HUGE congrats, not just on the results, but all the persistent effort it must have taken. You look so much happier in the more recent photos!

There’s hope for me yet…

As an aside, because I (obviously) keep coming for the knitting content, your comment about knitting watershed would “somehow make me a better knitter” made me think there may be something to this bandwagon… and I jumped on.
    Cheers.

38. elsa permalink
    Saturday, 21 August, 2010 9:20 am

what a amazing story! congratulations on your weight loss and changing your life! I needed to hear it! I’ve been going to the gym again and have completely changed my eating style. thank you so much for the inspiration to continue on my journey!

39. Saturday, 21 August, 2010 9:47 am

Hot damn that is some mighty progress. Way to go!

40. Jane permalink
    Saturday, 21 August, 2010 12:11 pm

WOW! I got to your blog when I clicked on the link to you High Street Vest pattern. I have been looking for a pattern exactly like that for a long time. Your inspirational story of weight loss, exercise, and transformation was an even more exciting find. Congratulations! Thank you for posting your story.

PS I love the pattern and can’t wait to cast on. I too am making it a little small and hoping/expecting I will be the right size for it when our cold, damp Oregon winter arrives.

41. Saturday, 21 August, 2010 12:44 pm

Amazing! Impressive! Inspirational! All of those things and more! Congratulations on , what I am sure, was a difficult journey at times. I am so happy for you and hope to follow in your footsteps!

Saturday, 21 August, 2010 1:39 pm

I can’t add any more than what has been said in all these wonderful responses except you have your father’s will and determination. It really brought tears to my eyes to read this because to see a healthier you (and Nathan) is all we could ever ask for. Damn right you have earned bragging rights! You have always been an amazing daughter now you are just a smaller amazing daughter. Love you!
    xoxoxooxoxox

43. Saturday, 21 August, 2010 3:51 pm

Wow! I love your post! Congratulations for your courage and perseverance! Aren’t the results awesome? This is a great gift that you are giving yourself: health and happiness! I’ve only followed your blog since recently… I really enjoy it! Thanks!

44. Saturday, 21 August, 2010 10:37 pm

You look amazing! As someone who is in the same spot now as you were last year, I congratulate you on all the hard work! Seeing this is truly inspiring!

• Anita permalink
      Saturday, 21 August, 2010 11:03 pm

What a great story. I have you on my favorites for knitting and I was just browsing your blog and voila!!!
      You look amazing and you inspire me to loose too.

45. Sunday, 22 August, 2010 7:43 am

Congrats! You look really great! Very inspiring. :)

46. Sunday, 22 August, 2010 8:07 am

Wow, congratulations!! I have recently started reading you blog and must say you are truly amazing to do so much in only a year. Bravo, well done and enjoy loving your self for your achievements.

47. Missy permalink
    Sunday, 22 August, 2010 8:13 am

You look GREAT!! Congratulations on this achievement!!

48. Laura permalink
    Sunday, 22 August, 2010 11:34 am

Congrats, Kate! You look fantastic and so happy!
    I’m half way there!! I hope to knock out the rest of that weight soon (well, not soon but in proper time!!)
    Such an inspiration!!!

49. Sunday, 22 August, 2010 7:15 pm

What a courage! You have all my consideration! Bravo!

50. Monday, 23 August, 2010 2:20 am

Congratulations ! It’s a great victory, you look so nice ! Did you follow any diet ?

51. Monday, 23 August, 2010 6:25 am

I came over here for Multnomah and am leaving with so much more than that. I am 36 years old, 5″3″, and have no idea what I weigh because I can’t bear to step on a scale. I *think* I am a size 14 – 16 but may be more because I don’t feel comfortable in my clothes. Seeing your drive and your persistence and your success is just amazing. Congratulations on your healthy and beautiful you.

52. Monday, 23 August, 2010 6:47 am

Congratulations!!!! You look wonderful – and I know you FEEL even better! I am so happy for you, and so inspired to lose this (I know…measly) 20 pounds that have been hanging around the past year and revert back to my former gym rat status. I know that my mental health will improve, just as yours did. Thank you for the inspiration!!

53. Monday, 23 August, 2010 7:35 am

Wow. Congratulations! You’ve inspired me to live a healthier lifestyle and get back into the gym.

54. Monday, 23 August, 2010 3:32 pm

What a huge accomplishment! As a formerly big girl myself, I know exactly what you mean. It’s huge and amazing and congratulations. Hopefully you inspire more people get up and do the same!

55. Linda permalink
    Tuesday, 24 August, 2010 5:03 am

Came to your blog to check out the Multnomah again – love your pattern – it is in my queue – and read your wonderful post. Congratulations on all the hard work and making such a big change in your life! WOW! How wonderful to be in a happier, healthier and more fun place – you certainly deserve it!

56. Tuesday, 24 August, 2010 5:24 am

I came over here from another website to find a pattern and saw this entry. Congratulations!!! You have every right to be proud!

57. Adrienne permalink
    Tuesday, 24 August, 2010 9:34 am

Congrats! It’s a great accomplishment!

58. Sarah permalink
    Tuesday, 24 August, 2010 3:46 pm

I stumbled upon this website looking for the Multonomah pattern (awesome, btw) and this story is such an inspiration. What an amazing transformation!

59. Tuesday, 24 August, 2010 4:40 pm

Everyone has already said it.

But Congratulations!!!

That is amazing!

60. Knitter Kitter permalink
    Tuesday, 24 August, 2010 7:47 pm

Yay you!!! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! You look great!!!

61. Jodi permalink
    Tuesday, 24 August, 2010 8:34 pm

Just catching up on your blog and what a way to catch up! Congratulations!!! I originally found your blog via your lovely vest design and have been following since. I have been inspired by both your creativity and your commitment to you new, healthy lifestyle. So many have already said it better than I could, but thank you for sharing your story and congrats again.

62. Wednesday, 25 August, 2010 2:37 pm

I am so proud of you Kate! I can’t wait for next Sock Summit where we can meet again and both of us will be healthier! It is not an easy journey! You have definitely inspired me. This post is the perfect motivation I need to keep going! I’m proud of my recent 30lb loss but still have a long ways to go. So nice to see that it can happen! Dedication!

Good luck with school too :)

63. Thursday, 26 August, 2010 8:26 am

Congratulations! Your hard work and determination really paid off. You look fabulous!

64. Thursday, 26 August, 2010 1:24 pm

As a two hundred and *mumble mumble* pound girl, I can relate to your story so much. I need to do this, too. I’ve been putting it off for along time (kids, multiple moves, any other excuse, etc) and it’s just TIME. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. WAY TO GO!! This is such a huge accomplishment!

I initially came to your site to check out the Multnomah shawl… glad I stuck around for a bit! :)

65. Laurie permalink
    Thursday, 26 August, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi,

I just want to say congratulations for sticking with your plan and achieving such wonderful success! I am the girl in the first picture, and like you, I hope that I can achieve my own success over this coming year. I begin excercise classes beginning of September, and like you, I fear others reactions to my size. You are a true inspiration! And by the way, I went back to school in my late thirties and again in my forties for masters degrees, and although a difficult transition learning to study again, it was for me, well worth it! Good luck, and thanks for sharing your journey with us all!

66. MaryjoO permalink
    Saturday, 28 August, 2010 8:47 am

What a gift you have given yourself – congratulations! Enjoy going back to school, too. I hope there is a chance you may need a “right brain, left brain” thing and still keep designing knitting though!

67. Saturday, 28 August, 2010 10:13 am

Congatulations from me too!!!!

68. Kate permalink
    Monday, 30 August, 2010 5:03 pm

I love how you say that you love the girl you used to be. I’ve been reading weightloss blogs/books for years and have never heard anyone say that. Usually we hate/fear the person we used to be.
    Best wishes to you, congratulations, good work!

69. Thursday, 2 September, 2010 4:11 am

you are awesome! i love the picture with your 2 legs in one pant leg. congrats kate, and thanks for sharing!!!! xoxo

70. Saturday, 11 September, 2010 11:49 am

Wow, that is really quite an achievement! Congratulations, you are an inspiration!

71. Carol permalink
    Monday, 13 September, 2010 9:42 am

You go, girl! You are a wonderful inspiration!

72. Tuesday, 14 September, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi Kate…..I used to work with your mom and still see her at the Library….saw her last night. She sent me your link. What an amazing accomplishment!!! Wish I could knit but I have no talent! Your creations are lovely.

73. Thursday, 16 September, 2010 7:03 am

Inspiring!!! I have had stops and starts losing weight. But your story will help me focus on going ahead. And I sent a link to it to a friend who has been told by her doctor she has to lose weight. SHe is doing it but every bit of inspiration helps.

74. Thursday, 16 September, 2010 7:42 am

Congrats… Your photos are truly inspirational. I started a similar voyage into getting myself healthier 2 weeks ago. I know it will be a long battle, but your photos give me a lot of hope.

Thanks you and congrats on all the weight loss

75. Angela G. permalink
    Friday, 24 September, 2010 3:24 pm

I came looking for a shawl and I found you. I spent the last year, along with my best friend, fighting breast cancer. So, 6 months of chemo, 6 weeks of radiation, and 4 reconstructive surgies later, I’m on my own road to losing weight and getting healthy. You are an inspiration and I’m using your before and after photos (on my bathroom mirror) as a visual motivator to go to the gym and eat healthy!!! Thank you so much for your honesty and willingness to become a “loser” and share it with the rest of us! YOU ROCK!

76. Kris permalink
    Sunday, 26 September, 2010 8:47 pm

Wow- you are so completely awesome (not to mention awe-inspiring).

I have a friend who is making the same journey – I’m so proud of both of you.

77. Friday, 1 October, 2010 6:06 pm

I came to your site via Ravelry looking for your wonderful Multnomah pattern. Then, I started to read your blog entry about weight loss. CONGRATS to you!!! Change is so hard & it’s inspiring to see what you accomplished when you set your mind to it.

78. Wendy permalink
    Saturday, 2 October, 2010 6:07 am

Came to your site for the Multnomah pattern (thanks in advance, btw) and found your wonderful, inspiring personal story. Wowee! Good for you. And thank you for sharing this special time in your life with all of us!

79. bettydoom (ravelry) permalink
    Thursday, 7 October, 2010 9:31 am

Hello! I found your website through Ravelry and clicked through because I loved your handle “Hello Knitty”… Then I read this post.

I am absolutely in awe of what you have done. I don’t know you, but by reading this I get to share a little bit in the joy of your accomplishment. This was no small undertaking and I’m sure there were many mornings you just wanted to go back to bed but you didn’t and look at you now! I can see and feel how happy you are in your words and in your pictures. I was just so impressed and inspired, I had to leave a comment. Bravo!

80. Saturday, 13 November, 2010 4:13 am

Well done! You are a strong woman.

81. Monday, 15 November, 2010 9:19 pm

This is amazing! I will point out one benefit you didn’t mention – saving money on yarn! You look beautiful and more importantly you feel good. Congratulations.

82. melissa permalink
    Thursday, 18 November, 2010 12:31 pm

Congratulations! I’ve done almost the exact same thing over the last year: 262 to 155. I know exactly how you feel!

83. Another Kate permalink
    Thursday, 25 November, 2010 4:08 pm

To me, the MOST wonderful thing in your post — of many wonders — is “I love that girl in the first picture,” you wrote. “I might not fit into her clothes anymore, but I am so proud to be her. She … said ‘enough’.” It’s totally uplifting that you found your strength without disowning yourself. I have a few things to work on — don’t we all — and have bookmarked this to remind me of the paradox that the “me” who changes, is also the “me” who continues. Thank you.

84. suddenexpression permalink
    Tuesday, 7 December, 2010 12:28 pm

Incredible!! Congrats. Very very inspiring! And I like how you say nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. I need to keep that in mind!

85. Wednesday, 5 January, 2011 3:59 pm

Congratulations on taking back control – and staying there! I just wanted to thank you for the Multnomah pattern – I was struggling a bit with starting the pattern segment – but after reading it carefully, I now see where I went wrong. Tomorrow is another good day for knitting on my shawl.

86. Carmela Nunes permalink
    Tuesday, 18 January, 2011 9:11 pm

I must found you by accident. What an incredible person you are and what strength.
    You must light up a room, it really shows!

Inspired
    Carmela

87. Tina permalink
    Wednesday, 19 January, 2011 12:13 pm

I came here to find a pattern, and found this instead. Now I’m in tears (could that be menopause?) and I just had to tell you how proud I am of you! Awesome! Keep up the good work!

88. Brooke permalink
    Friday, 28 January, 2011 10:39 am

I just read about your weight loss….congratulations….I lost 50 pounds a few years ago, and yes, it changes EVERYTHING. How great you look!!!!!

89. Mary Lee permalink
    Monday, 31 January, 2011 7:17 am

I came to your site looking for your pretty Multonah pattern, but was AMAZED by this one. WOW! I feel like dancing on your behalf… and on my own–I could certainly use the exercise! Oh, to get rid of the “fat clothes!” What a heady experience that must be!

I’m awed. Congratulations!

90. alesiaadams permalink
    Monday, 31 January, 2011 11:47 am

Congratulations on your accomplishment!! Just what I needed to see today!!!!!!

91. elaine permalink
    Monday, 31 January, 2011 2:17 pm

Besides gifting us with Multnomah, you look incredible and are an inspiration! Congratulations.

I love your phrase “nothing tasks as good as skinny” – it’s going on my fridge right now!

And thank you for Multnomah – I just posted my first photos on Raverly.

92. Saturday, 5 February, 2011 5:31 pm

Wow! I feel like I’m reading a story about myself. I am in your before picture shoes right now. I’ve always had weight issues and have many of the same feelings regarding food, depression, and eating disorders as well. I’m on Weight Watcher’s now and have lost almost 20 pounds since December 11th. I did Weight Watchers before and lost the weight I need to lose but then didn’t stick with it. I’m going to this time. Just wanted to tell you that your story is awesome and inspirational. Thank you for posting it and I hope to have a similar story a year from now as well.

93. Sunday, 13 February, 2011 6:03 pm

I just followed the link to your pattern and then started to read your blog and WOW! you are such a great inspiration to others for your dramatic transformation. Your persistence is truly impressive to reach your goal. Good for you! Cheers!

94. Wednesday, 16 February, 2011 9:47 am

Congrats!!
    Keep it up!

Thank you so much for sharing and showing it can be done.

Like the previous commentator I arrived here via Ravelry. And I want to say “Thank you for sharing the Multnomah as well”.

95. Thursday, 17 February, 2011 8:09 pm

And well you should be proud of the girl in that first photo – and all the others. It is a massive achievement and requires guts and determination to set out on that journey and complete it.
    Congratulations and very best wishes.

96. Saturday, 19 February, 2011 4:38 pm

A huge congratulations to you! I am trying to lose weight and when I look at your picture I can’t wait to show my progress over the past year. You are inspirational to me! I hope to someday stand in the same pants I have on now and be able to put both my legs in one leg like you! Thanks for the inspiration!

97. Saturday, 2 April, 2011 1:38 am

Amazing change! Congratulations. I wish to accomplish something similar in the future, just started my journey. :)

98. Cheryl P permalink
    Friday, 22 April, 2011 2:57 pm

I think it’s wonderful you have lost all that weight! I always see a picture of Oprah hauling her 100 lbs of fat in a wagon. I need to lose 100-120 lbs too and despite knowing what it is doing to me mentally and physically I can’t seem to “self-motivate” how did you do it? I go through periods of caring/not caring. I looked up your measurements on a size chart and wonder how you can wear a size 8. When I was that size and weight I wore a 14/16.
    I am so happy for you! I hope and pray that you continue on your path to health. You are really an inspiration.

Trackbacks